Packwood Grand 2015 is bringing the coolest people in town together for the second year, celebrating horse racing in style.
We decided to gather a board of inspiration pictures from the Royal Ascot, the first thing that comes to your mind when you think about class and elegance at the races. Royal Ascot itself has a dress code guide that is presented to the guest each year before the event happens. We took some rules and made a list of ideas you might want to put in practice for this year’s Packwood Grand dressing up session.
- Formal daywear is required for both women and men, which means the length of your dress should be decent and your shoulders should be partially covered. Men should wear a daytime formal suit or a coat with a tie. Though it is an open air event, a horse racing is not a garden or a pool party. Dress accordingly!
- Try to wear light pastel colors. A Deux piece or a dress is preferable. However, the color guide is not mandatory. Some of us like black. Can you blame us for that?
- Strapless tops and spaghetti straps are not welcomed.
- Head accessories are mandatory for both men and women. You can make a statement with a bold fascinator or stay classy with a wide brim hat. We recommend you to take a look at Stephen Jones and Phillip Treacy‘s creations.
- Don’t forget your eyewear. The sun in Calgary is not friendly at all in the middle of the day.
- Too much color can lead you to a ridiculous outfit. You don’t want to look like a peacock, right?