One of the new things I’ve learnt when I moved to Canada is that North Americans don’t wear white after Labour Day. (Really?) I Google-ed it to find out why and it was a surprise for me to discover that people still care for an unwritten rule established 200 years ago. Since I found this beautiful pair of white crop pants during winter sales, I decided it would be a perfect timing to overcome this misconception and prove that you can wear any color you like regardless of the season. You don’t actually have to buy beautiful clothes on sale and pack them away until Memorial Day. Here are 5 easy ways to wear those beautiful white pants in winter.
- Layer your favorite fall/winter wool dress over a pair of white or slightly ivory crop pants for a chic effect. I always prefer shoes over boots even if the temperatures are not that friendly,
but I consider it a personal choice. You can always finish your outfit with a pair of nude or black ankle boots. I absolutely love the 60’s style of this herringbone print dress, the reason I decided to emphasize it with a pair of statement clip earrings.
- I am sure you have a beloved chunky scarf you rock during the entire cold season. Wrap it over your favorite knit and use a contrasting belt to underline your waistline. It’s an easy way to dress down those white crop pants and make them more suitable for a casual occasion.
- Nothing works better with the chic winter white than some smartly chosen neutrals. I opted for this neoprene structured jacket in a blush pink shade and finished this polished outfit with a pair of snake print heels. It’s also a perfect look for the seasonal transition.
- The secret of not looking inappropriate is to work those white crop pants with seasonal items and darker earth tones like this turtleneck’s beautiful chocolate shade. Throw over a faux fur vest and you are ready to embrace the cold.
- Nothing can beat a black & white combo, especially if you add a little bit of extravaganza to it. A silk shirt and a fancy long hairy faux fur coat can take you out on a date night or to a special event. I added a vintage brooch and the Mac retro matte lipstick for a classy timeless touch.